Seeking a Senior Network Engineer to design, implement, maintain, and support our network and telecom infrastructure (internal, customer-facing, and cloud environment). You will be the senior member of a small team that is responsible for supporting the legacy infrastructure as well as designing and implementing scalable, maintainable, and highly available network architectures that meet growing business objectives and SLAs in our demanding and changing manufacturing environment.
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Knowledge of commercial enterprise-level tools and products to provide network services, including: firewalls, IPS/IDS, DNS, DHCP, web security, WAN (MPLS, VPLS, VPN), VLAN, Wireless Network, and Voice Technologies (POTS, VoIP, SIP Trunking)
- Strong working familiarity with Cisco IOS with hands-on experience configuring Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls
- Familiarity with Fortinet firewalls, WAPs, Manager, and VPN preferred
- Familiarity with network, server, storage area networks and virtualization (MDS switching, VMWare, vSphere networking)
- Provide support for network connectivity or related network issues for both internal and external customers, including remote office sites
- Analyze network activity, troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve network problems. Research, analyze, and recommend the implementation of software or hardware changes to rectify any network deficiencies or to enhance network performance
- Assess network performance to ensure that it meets the present and future needs of the business. Provide network planning recommendations to management.
- Job involves frequent contact with internal and external customers and vendors
- Provide support for work hours other than regular schedule such as nights, weekends and holidays
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in a computer related field
- 6+ years in network administration work experience in a corporate setting
- CCNA preferred