TSI Semiconductors is currently looking for a Semiconductor Fab Operator ! $1,500 sign-on bonus!
If you are a person who has a strong attention to detail, values a clean and organized work environment, and closely follows established safety and quality procedures – this may be the job for you! This individual will operate semiconductor-processing equipment in a clean room environment, wearing a full clean room suit while working a fixed 12-hour shift schedule (day or night), 3 and 4 days a week (this could include weekends or holidays). This is an entry-level position.
The Semiconductor Fabrication Operator is responsible for setting up and operating a variety of equipment used in the production and testing of silicon wafers. They are responsible for performing quality checks to ensure that equipment and product are safe to process while also maintaining a clean and organized work environment. This position is critical in meeting our production targets and overall company goals.
- Basic math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, averaging, interpreting graphs, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of computer programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Basic problem solving skills
- Organization of work methods
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including reading and interpreting documents such as operating specifications and change orders
Semi Fab Operators are frequently on their feet while they interface with machines or load supplies. They also have to lift/carry wafer boxes weighing approximately 10 pounds, in and out of fabrication equipment and move other items around the clean room. Regular and prompt attendance is crucial .
This position requires the demonstrated ability to:
- Maintain alertness for extended periods of time.
- Extensively walk around the clean room.
- Repetitively lift and carry approximately 10 pounds.
- Routinely use 5 — 15 pounds of pushing/pulling force to move a fully loaded cart (occasionally, 30 pounds of force is needed for bigger moves).
- Use hands to manipulate controls, grasp and hold objects (lot box, SMIF, cart, equipment, etc) repetitively.
- Reach (above and below shoulder height), stoop, bend, squat, kneel, and crouch to retrieve product, transport work, take equipment readings, etc.
- In areas where microscope usage is a requirement, the individual may be required to sit for prolonged periods of time and to have continuous usage of his/her eyes to look through the eyepieces to inspect product in great detail.
- Work exclusively in a clean room environment wearing a clean room suit, face mask, a hair net, and gloves.
- Read and comprehend various documents including operation documents and safety signs.
- Recognize and distinguish a variety of visual and audible alarms. For safety alarms, individual must be able to safely evacuate an area when necessary.
- Work accurately under the pressure of time constraints and deadlines in order to meet production goals.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident
You must be able to work at least one of the following compressed workweek schedules.
A Shift (0% shift premium)
Monday-Wednesday and every other Sunday 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM
B Shift (5% shift premium)
Thursday-Saturday and every other Sunday 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM
C Shift(15% shift premium)
Sunday-Tuesday and every other Saturday 6:00 PM to 6:00 AM
D Shift (15% shift premium)
Wednesday-Friday and every other Saturday 6:00 PM to 6:00 AM
Job Type: Full-time